Tuesday, July 26, 2011

3 Years And A Lot Has Changed

Lots of crazy things have been going on. Mostly we moved last weekend, and then the day after we moved Adriane came to visit. Moving was actually way more stressful than I anticipated. There were of course lots of details to work out, but then we only had help for a few trips (fantastic help though!) which meant the rest of the move went really slow. We started around 8 a.m., and we returned the UHaul van around 1 a.m. Fun times. :)

Adriane came, and we did a lot more than I think either of us thought we would. We did the Brooklyn Bridge, the Statue of Liberty, we ate a lot of food, went to Bed, Bath and Beyond, Washington Square Park, Chelsea Market (again), the High Line, and for the grand finale the U2 concert. The U2 concert also happened to be on my 3 year city anniversary. I think it was really nice of U2 to play a concert just for me. We had pit tickets, and we ended up in the inner circle of the stage. I really don't know how to describe how awesome it was to have Bono less than 10 feet away from me. I took some videos, and one of them is really embarrassing because you just hear me screaming "oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh" the entire time! What was great about this concert versus other concerts is that they opened with Achtung Baby stuff which is one of my favorite albums! It was almost like a greatest hits show. They played The Fly AND they played Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me which I have never heard live! It was really one of the greatest nights of my life. Maybe that's a little sad to say.

Since Adriane left I've been trying to find a resemblance of a routine at the new place. We got everything put up and put away this past weekend. I think my room is finished, and we're getting ready to have friends over to thank them for their help during the move. We knew we had a mouse in the kitchen, and we put traps out, but today I came home and there was a dead mouse against the wall. Because it was not in the trap, and as far as we know we don't have any poison out, my theory is Maggie finally justified her existence. I believe the mouse was trying to escape our apartment, Maggie chased it until it had a heart attack. Congratulations Maggie, you finally did something worthy of me vacuuming your hair up ALL THE TIME.

Seriously though, all mice aside, the new place is great. There's more space, and the layout is fantastic. Plus, we have a dishwasher. I forgot how great it is to have a dishwasher. At one point we had five people staying in our apartment, and it didn't feel like we had five people in our apartment. That was really nice. I'll try to post some pictures soon.

No comments: