Friday, February 18, 2011

Pump Up the Jam

I rarely get giddy about things anymore. In fact, I had this conversation not that long ago with a close friend. I'm not sure what it is, but I just don't get excited like I used to. Until today! All week I've been pretty stressed getting ready for Nicaragua. There are just so many random details like buying Velveeta. Do you know how difficult it is to find a 32 oz box of Velveeta that's not refrigerated. And once you do find it, did you know that it costs $11.50??? I was appalled. However, I knew I could not show up to Nicaragua and greet my fellow Texan Chris without proper queso supplies in hand. Ok so I may be a little off topic now, but my point is there have been a million things to do, and now it's Friday. We leave Sunday morning at 6 a.m., which means a 3 a.m. wake-up call followed by six hours of flying with a layover in between. BUT I am pumped! I don't know if it's the fact that it's 60 degrees outside and I'm wearing Tom's, or if it's the fact that there are only two things left on my to-do list, but I am giddy with excitement about the trip. I cannot wait to be done in Nicaragua seeing Chris, the kids, finally getting to see the schools, meeting Harby, eating pupusas, all of the above, but I am just really, really excited.

People have been asking if there are specific things you can pray for. For me, the number one thing is that I don't have any migraines (preferably no headaches at all) while we're there. I don't want to be distracted, and I definitely don't want to be a killjoy while we're there. Other than that, I can let you know specifics once we get down there. Related to the migraines, I did see a neurologist on Monday. He said everything looks normal, and that it's very normal for women in their 20s to develop migraines. He was a little concerned with the frequency of the headaches so I'll have an MRI when I get back. He doesn't expect to find anything concerning, he just wants to make sure there's not an obvious answer as to why I'm having them so much. I've only had a couple in the last two weeks - Praise the Lord!

No comments: