Do you ever have those moments where you think - how am I surrounded by so much drama? I don't even like drama! My coworker and I haven't been talking for the last few weeks, which is actually nice on my end and means that there's a little less drama that I have to listen to. Yes, I have apologized and tried to make peace with her, but apparently it needs to happen on her terms. I'm not even sure what she's mad about at this point. The thing that's causing real stress in my life is the U2 concert. Many of you already know that my U2 tickets for September 23 are for sale. Well here's why...
Because of Yom Kippur, the Jets moved their football game from 4 p.m. to 1 p.m. No big deal except that the U2 stage takes a full two days to disassemble, and now there wasn't enough time between the concert and the game to clear the field. So out of respect for the Jets, who own the field, and the Jewish holiday, U2 moved their concert from Friday to Wednesday. Well it screwed not only me and Adriane, but tons of people! Adriane flies in from Kansas on the 24th, and I was flying in around the same time from Texas. So we started with changing our flights. I got very lucky, and I was able to change my flight without a fee. I now leave DFW at 5:45 a.m. (I am not happy about this!) and get into LGA at 12:45 p.m. Should give me plenty of time to get to the concert. Famous last words, right? Adriane tried to change her flight, however, Midwest Airlines was not so cooperative. Between the change fee and the change of cost in her flight, it was going to be $175. Sheesh. There are two chances for her to fly standby, but if she doesn't make either of those flights then it means she gets to NYC at 7 p.m. - when the concert starts on September 24. Back to that in a minute. So we had to start searching for tickets for September 24, which by the way, we originally had tickets for September 24, but we changed them for September 25 because it was going to be easier. So we found seats in a good section for a reasonable price, and I went to meet the guy, and they were fake tickets for Friday. So then we searched again and found some again. This time we bought through Paypal, and the lady express mailed the tickets to us. This way if we get to the show and the tickets are fake, we can at least dispute the charge. Now we need to sell our Wednesday tickets, but everyone else who is in our situation is selling their tickets as well. Not exactly a good market to be in right now. We're also trying to sell them for enough to help pay for the cost of the new tickets. It's a mess. So on top of that, now that we have tickets for Thursday's show, Adriane's guaranteed flight doesn't arrive until 7 p.m. So if she doesn't make either of the standby flights, then my friend (who we are bribing with the final U2 ticket for Thursday) is going to pick her up and take her to the stadium on his motorcycle. I'm a little stressed. I'm trying not to worry about it, but I need our tickets sold, and I really wish Midwest Airlines would grow a heart and change her ticket for free.
So if anyone would like tickets for the September 23 show, let me know!
No comments:
Post a Comment